Monday, May 2, 2016

Monthly TBR: May 2016


Time for me to once again show off an entirely ambitious pile of books that I want to read during the month of May.

But first let's recap April. I read some difficult books in April. Some were intense subject matter and some just seemed like a Herculean task to complete. But all in all I am proud of my progress last month. I also started getting back into comics which makes me happy.

In April I read:
Bitch Planet #1 by Kelly Sue DiConnick (comic)
Kill Shakespeare #1 by Anthony Del Col (comic)
A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson
Winter by Marissa Meyer
Columbine by Dave Cullen (review here)
Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
A Year in the Maine Woods by Berd Heinrich
The Complete Fairy Tales of Charles Perrault
The Complete Beatrix Potter
Cardington Crescent (Thomas and Charlotte Pitt #8) by Anne Perry

Here is my mahoosive list for May:
Poldark by Graham Winston (someday I will finish this, I swear. It's good, promise!)
The Nightingale by Kristen Hannah
The Great Glass Sea by Josh Weil
The Rainbow Comes and Goes by Gloria Vanderbilt and Anderson Cooper
The Dream Thieves by Maggie Steifvater
Silence in Hanover Close (Thomas and Charlotte Pitt #9) by Anne Perry (ebook)
Caliber #1 by Sam Sarkar (digital comic)
I, Frankenstein: Genesis #1 by Kevin Grevioux (digital comic)
Lady Mechanika prequel by Joe Benitez (digital comic)
Jessica Jones #1 by Brian Michael Bendis (digital comic)
Planetary #1 by Warren Ellis (digital comic)
Priya's Shakti #1 by Ram Devineni (digital comic)
The Sadhu #1 by Gotham Chopra (digital comic)
Valentine #1 by Alex de Campi (digital comic)

Ambitious list? Yes, always. But I am going away for a few days, and when the weather is sunny like it has been, work can be slow, giving me more time to read. Plus, bout of books is happening this month...sometime. I need to sign up for that so expect that post in a couple days. Will I get to all these books? Probably not, and I may even read things that aren't on the list instead of things that are. That happens a lot.

What are you all reading in May?

No comments:

Post a Comment